10.8.12

Fashion inspiration: i-D


i-D covers are always so quirky and stand out. They can be simple (Ben Drew) or diverse and high fashion (Twigs), but are always high quality and something which draws me in.


I first saw the image on the left on Tumblr, but it wasn't credited to any designer which was very annoying (the only downside of Tumblr). I then saw it on i-D online, and saw the collection. I love the idea of these, layering up a print. It's just something unusual and just shows designers really are so creative.


I love the clothing in these photos, the baggy clothes, messy hair but smart shoes. Simple stuff, no crazy prints but styled so well.


Print on print is soo nice when it's done well.
Galliano shows how having the same print all over just looks amazing, where as the Fendi look mixes it up, doing striped trousers with a sheer and knitted top. The Fendi look fits quite well with the 'grunge' trend, striped trousers and a studded bag, the top then gives more of a girly feel to it.

I love i-D magazine and i-D online, so much inspirational stuff, definitely something to check out!
Sammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment