2.8.12

DIY: Makeup & makeup brush holders and money jar

I love reading posts on DIY, so decided I'd do one! I'm trying not to use money for things I don't actually need right now, so here's some little things I've done to save some cash!

1. Pencil & makeup brush storage
[L-R]
I got a sample of Benefit's Pore Fessional from a magazine, and I thought the box was too nice to be thrown away, so I've been storing all my eyeliners and brow pencils. As the box is so small, it's the perfect size for them.
I cut the lid off of my Burberry perfume box so I could use it for my face brushes. I think it's such a nice box, I just really like having it on my desk.
I got this cute mug from a sale in a random shop because I liked the design, it was about £2 so I've been using it for my eye brushes. It's a bit too deep so I'm going to try and get something smaller for them, but it will do for now! 



2. Storing mascara etc
The best things I've found for this is stationary storage things, they're cheap and the perfect shapes. When I'm getting ready in the morning I just want to be able to grab my mascara, or whatever I put in this little pot, so it makes getting ready quicker.
I got this from Muji. I love Muji for makeup storage, I have drawers etc and it's all just perfect so I seriously reccomend it!

3. Money jar
I like the jar this Starbucks drink came in, so I've decided to use it to collect loads of change as a petrol fund. Before I've saved up loads of small change (like 1ps) and had £10 for petrol, so this does work really well! I'm probably going to get rid of the labels, but it's really empty at the moment!


Hope you enjoyed this random post
Sammy xx

1 comment:

  1. I love what you done with your burberry box and starbucks bottle! Deffo a cute way of doing D.I.Y :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete