15.7.12

Real Techniques Core Collection

My laptop is finally fixed, so now I'm back to blogging!
I know this isn't a fashion post, and that is mainly what our blog is about but I love these brushes so there needed to be a post on this!

The Real Techniques brushes are by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo, and they are just simply amazing and such a good price. The Core Collection is £21.99 from Boots which I think is a pretty great price for four quality brushes and a case, which always comes in handy. I am also so happy because they're being sold in Boots, meaning they add to my Boots points and are easy to get, like you don't have to buy online.

From left to right

Buffing brush
Recently I have used this everyday for my foundation. Before I was using the Real Techniques Stippling brush, which I think gives more coverage but if you want a brush which will give you a very very natural look with your foundation, definitely recommend this!

Contour brush
This brush was the main reason I got the collection. For contouring I have been using powder brushes then I began using an Elf Angled brush, now I am SO happy I've got this. It looks really small, but it fits perfectly under the cheekbone for contouring, also it's such a soft brush it really blends all product well.

Pointed foundation brush
I've got to be honest, I hate this type of brush for applying foundation. I don't really know why, it's just it feels like I'm painting my face on or something... So I don't use this for applying foundation. Instead I use it occasionally for smoothing out concealer under my eyes, which it works well for. Maybe I will try using this for foundation, see if this brush can change my mind!

Detailer brush
I use this for applying my lipstick (which you can see in the picture). It's such a small brush so lining your lips with lipstick is easy, also as it has a long handle I find lipstick easy to apply with this.


Overall I really recommend these brushes, you don't have to be some sort of beauty fanatic to enjoy them, they are just so so good.
Hope you enjoyed this random blog post!

Sammy
x

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my hands on these brushes, everyone seems to love them! That contour brush looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete