23.7.12

Festival tips: Dos and Don'ts


After going to my first festival this weekend I decided to do a few tips.
I decided before going, there's no hope on being overly fashionable, it's too hot, your clothes get crumpled in your bag and then ruined by people spilling drink on you or splashing mud.

> Don't bother wearing nice shirts (which are my fave things to wear) or your best tops.
> Don't bother wearing your best shoes - I wanted to wear my flatform sandals and creepers, but it's been raining so much - the whole place was a pit of mud.

> Do wear wellies or trainers
> Do wear vests or cropped vests - they'll keep you cool and they can't really get ruined - stay on trend by wearing something dip dyed, tie dyed, neon or with the peace symbol
> Do bring with you a bandanna or a headband - it'll give your look for the day a little fashionable twist and it's nothing that's too much hassle.
> Do bring one necklace - I bought a spiked necklace to make my outfits look a little different.

After spending the night couped up in a tent, I can guarantee you that you will not really care much for what you look like / how fashionable you are. I had such an amazing weekend just wearing vests, shorts and trainers, concentrating on the music.

Here's what I wore, simple stuff with little hints of trends:

Day 1 - High waisted shorts, neon yellow racer back vest and a spiked necklace
Day 2 - High waisted shorts, orange vest knotted at the front
Day 3 - Shorts, white vest, bandanna

I only took pictures with disposables, which I will scan and post when developed.

What's your favourite thing to wear at festivals?
Sammy x

1 comment:

  1. Great post !

    Great post :)


    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    p.s Check out the store link I posted :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete