19.10.12

London beauty haul

This is up late, but a few weeks ago Matt and I went to London shopping and got a few bits.
Here's the beauty products (and some peppermint tea), but I also got two tops from the American Apparel outlet which I'll include in an OOTD soon.
 
I got Mac's Paradisco eyeshadow. I wanted something to wear for work as a quick and easy colour to sweep on my lid. I've found this goes well with browns for a different take on a smokey eye as well, so right now I am loving it. 

This beige colour is also perfect for just every day wear. I hate having unpainted nails, so having this just makes them look effortlessly nice.

I got this Benefit Sun Beam sample from InStyle magazine and I hate it. This doesn't give me any highlight at all, I swear it doesn't even show up. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I would not reccomend buying this, that's why I'm so glad for samples with magazines.
 
As you can probably tell I've had the Rimmel 25 hour foundation for quite a while, but I got the Wake Me Up foundation to compare.
The Wake Me Up foundation actually does make you look radiant as it says, it is very glowy looking and unlike most cheaper foundations, not orange in the slightest.
As I have quite bad skin at the moment the 25 Hour Foundation works better for me if I'm working all day so have no time for touch ups. It keeps my skin tone looking even all day, whereas the Wake Me Up does not conceal redness for as long.
Overall I do love both foundations though, just for different circumstances.
 
Sammy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment